TagCrowd is a web application for visualizing word frequencies in any text by creating what is popularly known as a word cloud, text cloud or tag cloud.
It was created in July 2006 by Daniel Steinbock, a doctoral student in Design and Education at Stanford University.
A word cloud is a beautiful, informative image that communicates much in a single glance. TagCrowd specializes in making word clouds easy to read, analyze and compare, for a variety of useful purposes:
- as topic summaries for speeches and written works
- as blog tool or website analysis for search engine optimization (SEO)
- as brand clouds that let companies see how they are perceived by the world
- for data mining a text corpus
- for helping writers and students reflect on their work
- as name tags for conferences, cocktail parties or wherever new collaborations start
- as resumes in a single glance
The list goes on and continues to grow.”
The Maestro Recommends/ #TagCrowd | make your own tag cloud from any text
“What is TagCrowd?
Click the Link above to discover more…
Follow the Maestro on Twitter @EdTechMaestro
Visit my website, EdTech Maestro, to learn more about how I can assist you.
via The Education Technology Maestro! http://edtechmaestro.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-maestro-recommends-tagcrowd-make.html